The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk

Heal at Poring Hot Spring

12.19.2008 | |

There are many places where you can go to experience a good and hot spring water experience.. My family and I recently paid a visit to some relatives living in Sabah and they took us to Poring for a nice day out with the kids..


I got to say the drive was kinda long.. From Penampang (where we stayed) to Kundasang.. I was expecting a run down place with small tubs where the hot water comes out but i was pleasantly surprise.. It was almost like a Mini Sunway Lagoon, minus the rides of course..


We immediately went to the section where we can soak our legs in steamy hot water.. I for one, love love love hot water.. and i soak my legs till my feet was practically red! Its safe to say that my legs looked like it was cooked.. Don't worry about the water being too hot.. You cannot adjust this but logically speaking, the further away you sit from the tap, the better.. Once you get used to it, you can slowly move nearer.. I did it and i enjoyed myself..


After soaking our legs, one of our aunties got us a private chalet.. ranging from RM50 i guess.. There are 2 tubs in this chalet.. with a bathroom so you can change and wash up after.. This is where you get to soak your whole body.. and i think everyone going to poring should get a chalet.. its totally worth it..


For the kids who don't like hot water.. all they need to do is pay RM3 and get themselves tickets to the pool.. My cousin and I thought we had enough of hot water so we went to the huge pool area.. guess what? The water was freaking.. i repeat, freaking cold!! Imagine soaking in ice..

I was totally admiring nature just then.. these are all natural source water.. the hot and the cold and its amazing how 1 location can have 2 totally diverse temperature.. best part is.. there was a huge slide.. plunging into ice water was my first, one of a kind experience! Also there 2 pools.. another with the same icy cold water but at 8 feet.. :)

I was soo busy swimming i left my camera in the bag guys and girls.. sorry! I'll be sure to get pictures next time before i jump.. i couldn't help it.. i was too excited! :D

p/s: please bring along, fresh change of clothes, towel, bathing suit, toiletries, some cash to pay for entrance and conservation fees and some finger food, in case your kids get hungry from all the swimming :D



0 comments:

Look at the Map, Where have You Been?